Dhaka: Bangladesh reported 16 fresh deaths due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Tuesday.
During the same period, 1,595 new COVID-19 cases were also recorded in the country.
The total death toll due to the disease now stands at 28,990.
Among the eight divisions, Dhaka recorded the highest number of cases and deaths in the country, with 1,220 infections and eight fatalities, reports bdnews24.
- Mali: WHO doctor seized by ‘unidentified assailants’, as UNHCR raises alarm over continuing violence
- North Korea imposes five-day lockdown in Pyongyang to battle rising cases of 'respiratory illness'
- China says 80% of its population have had Covid-19: Reports
- WHO calls for action to totally eliminate trans fat, ‘a toxic chemical that kills’
- $2.54 billion needed to tackle unprecedented health needs in 2023: WHO