Dhaka: Bangladesh reported 16 fresh deaths due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Tuesday.
During the same period, 1,595 new COVID-19 cases were also recorded in the country.
The total death toll due to the disease now stands at 28,990.
Among the eight divisions, Dhaka recorded the highest number of cases and deaths in the country, with 1,220 infections and eight fatalities, reports bdnews24.
- COVID-19: Australia to end mandatory isolation
- Time to address mental health issues in the workplace, UN agencies urge
- Build momentum to ‘finish the job’ and end COVID-19 pandemic, Guterres urges
- Noncommunicable diseases now ‘top killers globally’ – UN health agency report
- Seven Ebola cases, one death confirmed in Uganda, WHO scales up response