Dhaka: Bangladesh, a nation which witnessed a deadly pandemic surge in recent times, has registered 16 COVID-19 deaths in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Sunday.
The death toll due to the virus now stands at 27,768.
The COVID-19 caseload rose to 1,565,488 as 314 people tested positive for the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Sunday, according to the latest government data as quoted by bdnews24.
Dhaka registered the most daily deaths and new cases among the eight divisions, logging 7 fatalities and 208 infections, reported the news portal.
Meanwhile, 529 people recovered from the disease in the past 24 hours.
- WHO alerts low back pain cases are expected to rise to an estimated 843 million by 2050,releases first-ever guidelines on managing it
- China reports no new infectious diseases
- Climate change risks upending global fight against malaria: WHO
- Harvard Medical School scientists find the reason behind people unable to stop itching
- China experiencing spike in children suffering from respiratory illnesses