Dhaka: Bangladesh, a nation which witnessed a deadly COVID-19 wave, registered 20 deaths in the past 24 hours, media
The death toll due to the deadly virus in the country now stands at 27,674.
The COVID-19 caseload rose to 1,561,878 after 415 people tested positive for the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Saturday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka registered the most daily deaths and new cases among the eight divisions, logging 9 fatalities and 262 infections, the news portal reported.
543 people recovered from the illness across the nation in the past 24 hours.
- US, Australia ban entry to travellers from South Africa amid Covid-19 variant 'Omicron' scare
- WHO classifies new COVID strain as 'variant of concern', names it 'Omicron'
- Belgium detects Europe's first case of new COVID variant
- COVID-19: European infection spike confirmed, vaccine advice for kids
- WHO updates guidelines on COVID-related organ inflammation in children