It is the first time the country reported a single digit death figure due to the virus in the past seven months.
Besides, 814 more patients recovered from the disease in the 24 hours between 8am on Thursday and 8am on Friday, according to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) as quoted by Dhaka Tribune.
The latest additions took the country’s death toll to 27,654, the total caseload to 1,561,463 and the total number of recoveries to 1,522,591, the newspaper reported.
- WHO alerts low back pain cases are expected to rise to an estimated 843 million by 2050,releases first-ever guidelines on managing it
- China reports no new infectious diseases
- Climate change risks upending global fight against malaria: WHO
- Harvard Medical School scientists find the reason behind people unable to stop itching
- China experiencing spike in children suffering from respiratory illnesses