Dhaka: Bangladesh registered 18 new deaths due to COVID-19 infection in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Sunday.
The total death toll due to the virus in the country now stands at 27,573.
The COVID-19 caseload rose to 1,557,964 as 617 people tested positive for the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Sunday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka registered 401 infections, the highest among eight divisions. Both Dhaka and Chattogram also logged 7 deaths each, the news portal reported.
Meanwhile, 1,112 people recovered from the illness in the past 24 hours.
- US, Australia ban entry to travellers from South Africa amid Covid-19 variant 'Omicron' scare
- WHO classifies new COVID strain as 'variant of concern', names it 'Omicron'
- Belgium detects Europe's first case of new COVID variant
- COVID-19: European infection spike confirmed, vaccine advice for kids
- WHO updates guidelines on COVID-related organ inflammation in children