HealthState of Health
Bangladesh registers 212 COVID-19 deaths in past 24 hours
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 30 Jul 2021, 07:01 am Print
Dhaka: Bangladesh, a country which is battered b COVID-19, registered 212 new deaths due to the virus in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Friday.
The total death toll due to the virus now stands at 20,467.
The caseload climbed to 1,240,115 after 13,862 people tested positive for the disease until 8 am Friday, according to the latest government data as quoted by bdnews24.
Dhaka registered the most daily deaths among the eight divisions, logging 65 fatalities, followed by Chattogram with 53 and Khulna with 36, reports the news portal.
Bangladesh has been witnessing a surge in cases over the past several weeks.
- Gonorrhoea and syphilis sex infections touch record high levels in England, check out the age group which is suffering the most
- Chemical found in common artificial sweetener damages DNA: Study
- Zimbabwe's suspected cholera cases surpass 2,000
- Study shows cutting boards can produce microparticles when chopping veggies
- Study shows 1 in 3 adults with Type 2 diabetes may have undetected cardiovascular disease