Dhaka: Bangladesh, a country which is battered b COVID-19, registered 212 new deaths due to the virus in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Friday.
The total death toll due to the virus now stands at 20,467.
The caseload climbed to 1,240,115 after 13,862 people tested positive for the disease until 8 am Friday, according to the latest government data as quoted by bdnews24.
Dhaka registered the most daily deaths among the eight divisions, logging 65 fatalities, followed by Chattogram with 53 and Khulna with 36, reports the news portal.
Bangladesh has been witnessing a surge in cases over the past several weeks.
- Pollution responsible for nine million deaths in 2019, with little progress in four years: Study
- Israel cancels Covid-19 tests for inbound travelers
- Smokers who switch to e-cigarettes may adopt other healthy routines: Study
- Total Covid-19 incidence rate in North Korea spikes to 1.2 mln
- WHO ready to support DPR Korea battle COVID-19 infections