Brasilia/Sputnik: The number of registered coronavirus cases in Brazil has topped 8 million, the country's Health Ministry said in a statement.
The case tally stands at 8,013,708, an increase of 52,035 in the past 24 hours.
The country's COVID-19 death toll amounts to 201,460, a rise by 962 in the past day. More than 7 million people have recovered.
The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11, 2020.
- One in eight people on Earth is living with obesity, warns WHO
- New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine is now tuition-free after receiving a USD 1 billion donor gift
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food
- Study finds kiwifruit is a powerful mood booster