Dhaka: In the last 24 hours, 35 more people have died with coronavirus in Bangladesh. Among them 23 are males and 12 are females. With this, the number of deaths due to Covid-19 increased to 6,888, according to an official press release.
It said 13,199 samples were collected and 13,540 samples were tested in 118 laboratories in the last 24 hours. The total number of sample tests stood at 28,49,951.
Another 1,888 new Covid-19 patients have been identified in the last one day. With this, the total number of people affected by coronavirus stood at 4,75,879.
In the last 24 hours, 2,457 people, including asymptomatic patients, have recovered in different hospitals and homes across the country, including the capital. So far, a total of 3,93,408 people have recovered.
Compared to the sample test in the last 24 hours, the detection rate is 13.94 percent. The overall detection rate is 16.70 percent, the recovery rate is 82.67 percent and the death rate is 1.43 percent.
- Better post-surgical care would boost cancer survival chances: Study
- Newborns still without approved COVID-19 treatment: Russian Health Ministry Guidelines
- COVID-19 more prevalent among pregnant women than in general population: Health Ministry
- Bangladesh registers 20 COVID-19 deaths in past 24 hours
- COVID-19: Death toll in Bangladesh crosses 8000