Dhaka/Xinhua: Bangladesh reported 1,094 new COVID-19 cases and 19 new deaths on Saturday, bringing the total cases in the country to 397,507 and the total deaths to 5,780, the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) said.
The official data showed the total number of recovered patients in the country stood at 313,563, including 1,498 new recoveries on Saturday.
According to the official data, 10,998 samples were tested in the last 24 hours across Bangladesh.
The COVID-19 fatality rate in Bangladesh is now 1.45 percent and the current recovery rate is 78.88 percent, said the DGHS.
Bangladesh recorded the highest daily new cases of 4,019 on July 2 and the highest number of deaths of 64 on June 30.
- Gaps in surveillance, testing, sequencing and vaccination are continuing to create perfect conditions for a new COVID-19 variant of concern to emerge: WHO
- Many persons with disabilities face premature death due to health inequities
- Africa’s advances in maternal, infant mortality face setbacks: WHO
- Proven solutions must be put in place to end AIDS by 2030: Guterres
- Chinese: Mainland reports 4,233 new Covid cases