Dhaka: Bangladesh recorded 1,544 new cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours, taking the COVID tally to 3,48,916, the Directorate General of Health Services said in a statement on Sunday.
Besides, 26 more people lost their lives due to the virus in the past 24-hour, increasing the death toll to 4,939.
The statement said that 11,591 samples were tested in the past day. With this, the number of total sample tests reached 18,21,270.
On a positive front, 2,179 more COVID-19 patients recovered, bringing the total recovery to 2,56,565.
Bangladesh first reported its COVID-19 cases on March 8.
- Pakistan once again witnesses rise in COVID-19 cases
- Science, unity and solidarity, key to defeating COVID: UN chief
- Steroids boost survival of preterm babies in low-resource settings, Study finds
- Chinese mainland reports 15 new imported COVID-19 cases
- New Zealand reports no new community case of COVID-19