Among the deceased, 36 were men while seven were women.
Dhaka: The deadly novel coronavirus has claimed 43 more lives in Bangladesh in the last 24 hours, according to official data.
With the recent casualties, the death toll has touched 4,802.
According to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), the deaths took place within Monday and Tuesday.
DGHS said 14,050 samples were tested with the period, which returned 1,724 positive results.
The total number of people affected by this respiratory illness has reached 341,056.
So far 245,594 patients have made full recovery from the disease with 2,439 in the past 24 hours, said DGHS.
- COVID stings Pakistan: Islamabad seals Durand Line with Afghanistan
- Coronavirus: Bangladesh records less than 40 deaths within 24 hours after 41 days
- WHO chief hails ‘monumental moment’ in COVID fight, as US throws support behind vaccine patent waiver
- COVID-19 deaths, hospitalizations soar among youth in Americas: WHO Regional Director
- Coronavirus: Bangladesh registers 50 deaths, 1,742 new cases in a day