Dhaka: The highly infectious COVID-19 disease has killed 32 people in Bangladesh in the past 24 hours, media reports said.
The total number of deaths has now reached 3,657 and the death rate stands at 1.32 percent, reports The Daily Star.
In the last 24 hours, 2,024 people have tested positive for Covid-19, reports the newspaper quoting the Directorate General of Health Services press release.
With the addition of the current figures, the total number of COVID-19 cases in the country now stands at 2,76,549 and the current infection rate is 20.20 percent.
Bangladesh is the 16th worst-hit country in the world.
- Pollution responsible for nine million deaths in 2019, with little progress in four years: Study
- Israel cancels Covid-19 tests for inbound travelers
- Smokers who switch to e-cigarettes may adopt other healthy routines: Study
- Total Covid-19 incidence rate in North Korea spikes to 1.2 mln
- WHO ready to support DPR Korea battle COVID-19 infections