A total of 13,162 samples were tested at 87 authorised labs across the country in between Wednesday and Thursday. Photo: Unsplash
Dhaka: Officials in Dhaka have reported another 44 deaths due to Covid-19 in a single day, taking the tally to 3,557 on Thursday.
The number of infected patients rose to 269,115 after 2,617 people tested positive for the deadly virus, an official statement said.
Another 1,782 patients recovered during the same period.
With the last recoveries, the total number has surged to 154,871.
The infection has spread to over 200 countries and territories, ever since the outbreak.
Over 21 million people have been infected by the novel coronavirus, killing at least 757,476.
- Global solution to COVID-19 in sight, ‘we sink or we swim together’: WHO chief
- Around 2,500 volunteers have received 1st component of Russian COVID-19 vaccine : Gamaleya
- Millions of US citizens may have to pay for COVID-19 vaccine despite gov't Plans - Reports
- Chinese mainland reports 6 new imported COVID-19 cases
- New Zealand relaxes COVID-19 restrictions