Karachi: Pakistan's Karachi remained the third city in the world with the worst air quality conditions on Saturday, media reports said.
Karachi's air quality index (AQI) touched 224, as per the latest list of world cities with the worst air quality.
Dhaka city in Bangladesh remained the second most populated city with AQI of 302.
Russia’s Krasnoyarsk stood at the top of the list with 307 AQI recorded.
An AQI above 300 is considered hazardous for everyone and doctors advise people to avoid all outdoor activities, reports Dhaka Tribune.
- UN focus on plant health, crucial for boosting food security worldwide
- Climate: World getting ‘measurably closer’ to 1.5-degree threshold
- New plan to accelerate clean energy access for millions globally
- Natural resources must be ‘part of the solution’ in fight against deforestation
- Extreme heat impacting millions across India and Pakistan