Kathmandu: An earthquake, which measured 3.5 on the Richter Scale, hit Nepal's Kathmandu valley on Wednesday, officials said.
The jolt was felt at around 4.30 pm.
Country's National Seismological Centre tweeted: "An earthquake of ML 3.5 occured around Bagalamukhi of Lalitpur district at 16:30.@NEOCOfficial."
An earthquake of ML 3.5 occured around Bagalamukhi of Lalitpur district at 16:30. @NEOCOfficial— NSC, Nepal (@NepalNsc) August 5, 2020
No casualty or damage to property has been reported so far.
- Reversing land degradation can ‘pre-empt and manage’ conflicts
- Ozone treaties ‘inspiring examples’ of political will, UN chief says on International Day
- UN report highlights links between ‘unprecedented biodiversity loss’ and spread of disease
- Nearly 21,000 chickens die of suffocation in fire in central France: Reports
- Fast growing trees have shorter lifespans: Study