Moscow/UNI/Sputnik: UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi announced on Monday that he arrived in the Afghan capital of Kabul to assess Afghanistan's humanitarian needs.
"This morning I have landed in Kabul. During my visit I will assess the country’s acute humanitarian needs and the situation of 3.5 million displaced Afghans. I am grateful to all UN, NGO and other humanitarian workers who are working hard on the ground to meet those needs," Grandi wrote on Twitter.
- Russia to quit International Space Station post 2024
- China planning to build military base in Indian Ocean region in Madagascar
- Vladimir Putin makes first international trip post Ukraine-Russia war
- Chinese aggression in South China Sea: Japan, Australia increasing military budgets
- Safer roads, a global development challenge for all: Senior UN official