Washington: The early results of the US President elections are showing a close fight between incumbent President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden across major seats in the country.
Based on CNN's current projections, Biden has 89 electoral college votes, and Trump has 72 electoral college votes.
Donald Trump leads Joe Biden in the potentially pivotal race of Florida with almost all votes counted, reports BBC.
However, a close contest is taking place between the two contestants in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Ohio, Texas, and North Carolina.
The US witnessed the highest turnout in recent times.
Over 100 million people cast their ballots in early voting this time. The election day was on Tuesday.
The candidates would need to win 270 electoral colleges to clinch a victory.
Trump, who is seeking a second term as the President, is fighting against Biden as well as the poll projections which have indicated a win for the Democrats.
- Palestine calls for full UN membership and a plan to end the occupation
- Libya working towards a democratic transformation, President tells UN
- Ukrainian President outlines peace formula that punishes aggression, restores security
- ‘The story of 2022 is freedom fighting back’ against aggression, UK Prime Minister Truss says in UN speech
- Leadership Council marks ‘new era’ for Yemen, but country remains wary of terrorist threat