Washington/Sputnik: Law enforcement officers have detained a suspect who allegedly sent a package containing ricin poison to the White House, NBC Chicago reports.
The suspect was detained trying to enter the United States from Canada, a federal law enforcement official told NBC on Sunday.
On Saturday, the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) said that an investigation was underway over a suspicious letter addressed to US President Donald Trump.
The package was reportedly intercepted earlier in the week and two tests were conducted, confirming the presence of the deadly poison ricin.
- China's treatment of Uighur Muslims is close to genocide: United States
- Biggest challenge for US national security is the increasing aggression of Russia and China: US Official
- China expresses discontent over Tibetan leader meeting US officials
- Pakistan is controlled by two parallel governments: Nawaz Sharif
- Afghanistan lawmaker says Pakistan will not be able to escape FATF grey list