Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Naeemul Haque on Sunday said country's Prime Minister-elect Imran Khan has been invited to visit Afghanistan by President Ashraf Ghani.
"The Afghan president telephoned Imran and congratulated him over his victory in the 2018 General Election," Haque was quoted as saying by Geo News.
"Ghani told Imran that Pakistan and Afghanistan have historic relations and invited him for a tour of the country," the PTI leader added.
Pakistan voted to elect a new Prime Minister of the country last week.
Haque was quoted as saying by media that Imran Khan will take oath as the PM before Aug 14.
Pakistan celebrates Independence on Aug 14.
Khan and his PTI put up a strong performance in the General Elections.
- Russia to quit International Space Station post 2024
- China planning to build military base in Indian Ocean region in Madagascar
- Vladimir Putin makes first international trip post Ukraine-Russia war
- Chinese aggression in South China Sea: Japan, Australia increasing military budgets
- Safer roads, a global development challenge for all: Senior UN official