Japanese and Tibetans in Japan recently joined the 4-day online Tibet Festival Japan which was hosted by the Tibet House Japan.
It coincided with the Golden Week holiday in Japan from May 2 – 5.
In his opening speech, Dalai Lama’s Representative Dr. Arya Tsewang Gyalpo was quoted as saying by Central Tibetan Administration that the festival aims to celebrate the rich culture, religion and history of Tibet and to express deep gratitude to Japanese government and people, supporters and sponsors for their unwavering support for Tibet.
He said that such festivals provide opportunity to the Tibetans and Japanese to share each other’s rich culture and thereby strengthen the spiritual and cultural bond.
The festival was broadcasted through BlueJeans and Facebook Live. Most of the viewers joined Facebook live, reported the website.
- TIFF: ‘Carry It On’ is a tribute to Canadian-American indigenous singer-songwriter Buffy Sainte-Marie’s life
- TIFF: ‘In Her Hands’ personifies Zarifa Ghafari’s courage in the run-up to Taliban takeover in Afghanistan
- Shekar Kapur's cross-cultural romcom 'What’s Love Got To Do With It?’ starring Shabana Azmi and Emma Thompson premieres at TIFF
- Vienna in audacious campaign strips on OnlyFans social network to showcase historical nude art
- Every piece of music has a gender and personality: filmmaker Jennifer Kramer