Jamie and Britney Spears. Courtesy of Britney Spears/Instagram
Los Angeles/JEN: A verdict by a Los Angeles Judge removed pop singer Britney Spears' father as the guardian of his daughter, media reports said.
Jamie Spears has been suspended with an immediate effect, says Judge Brenda Penny, ending a long, bitter court case.
Jamie Spears has been controlling Britney's affairs ever since her public breakdown in 2008.
Spears, who was one of the most famous world singers at the beginning of the 21st century, faced mental issues as well as drug and alcohol addictions following a divorce in the late 2000s.
In 2008, she was placed under temporary conservatorship, which later became termless.
- Hollywood's first major Black movie star Sidney Poitier dies at 94
- 'Harry Potter: The Return To Hogwarts' is marked by absence of creator J.K Rowling
- Dwayne Johnson presents car to his mother on Christmas. Watch the special video
- K-Pop sensation BTS to take 'extended period of rest' this month
- Hollywood star Vin Diesel pays tributes to Fast & Furious co-star Paul Walker on 8th death anniversary