Britney Spears Instagram page
Los Angeles: Pop sensation Britney Spears has announced her engagement to boyfriend Sam Asghari.
She made the announcement by posting a cute video on Instagram.
In the video, Britney could be seen showing her engagement ring.
Sam Asghari, who was born in Iran but moved to the US when he was 12, also posted a separate photo of themselves where Britney could be seen showing the ring.
Spears is fighting a legal battle to end her 13-year conservatorship, which controls both her personal life and finances.She revealed that the terms of the arrangement were preventing her from marrying Asghari or having more children.The conservatorship arrangement was imposed in 2008 when concerns were raised over the singer's mental health, reports BBC.
Britney had married twice earlier.
In 2004, she married childhood friend Jason Alexander in Las Vegas.
However, the marriage was annulled soon.
She married Kevin Federline in the same year.
They have two children.
The couple divorced in 2007.
- David McCallum, known for his performance in NCIS, dies at 90
- Tara Reid describes filming second season of the 'Special Forces: World’s Toughest Test' was 'craziest'
- Oscar-winning actress Sophia Loren undergoes emergency surgery after fall
- Josh Brolin's emotional post for wife Kathryn on their seventh marriage anniversary will touch your heart
- Usher to perform at Super Bowl 2024 Halftime mega event in 2024