Moscow: Canadian Michael Spavor, detained by China in late 2018, has been sentenced to 11 years in prison by a Chinese court on spying charges, CBC reported.
Washington: US President Joe Biden and Canadian PM Justin Trudeau recently interacted over the detention of two Canadian nationals by China.
The Canadian government has expressed deep concern about the human rights situation in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
New York: Independent UN human rights experts on Friday urged Canadian authorities and the Holy See of the Catholic Church to conduct prompt “full-fledged investigations” into ...
Toronto/Sputnik: Canada’s House of Commons adopted a non-binding motion calling on the Trudeau government to declare the actions of the Chinese authorities against the Uyghurs in Xi ...
Paris: Several protesters assembled outside the Canadian Embassy in Paris and demanded justice for activist Karima Baloch.
Ottawa: The Canadian government on Tuesday voiced its concern on the judicial procedures performed by China on 12 Hong Kong pro-democracy activists who were detained in Shenzhen in ...
Karachi: Protests have taken place in several regions in Balochistan and in Karachi city against the sudden death of activist Karima Baloch in Canada.
Toronto: A coalition of South Asian civil society in Canada has condemned the mysterious death of activist Karima Baloch in her Toronto residence.
- Friends of Canada-India with other groups demonstrate outside Chinese Consulate in Vancouver
- Enforced disappearance: Baloch, Sindhis, Pashtuns demonstrate against Pakistan in Toronto
- Canada: Uyghur victims narrate about Chinese atrocities to House of Commons
- After getting acquitted by Pakistan court, Aasia Bibi heads to Canada
- Canadians to march across the country against women violence