As many as six Tibetan community associations, including Students for Free Tibet, Tibetan Youth Congress France Utsang Association France, Chushi Gang Druk , Domey Association France and Tibetan community association, jointly organized a protest demonstration against China in Paris on Saturday.
They campaigned against the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics.
The main speaker at the demonstration was Dhondup Wangchen, a Tibetan filmmaker and a former political prisoner, who is on a 22 country tour to request politicians, journalists and the citizens to boycott the 2022 Beijing Olympic games, reports Tibet.net.
During the speech he narrated his own experience as a political prisoner in China and the deteriorating human rights situation in Tibet.
Wangchen will be recording video messages from people around the world and submit the same to the International Olympic Committee at the end of his tour.
During his Paris visit, Wanchen is scheduled to have separate meetings with François Vauglin, Mayor of Paris 11, Mr.Jean-Luc Romero-Michel, Deputy Mayor of Paris, Raphael Glucksman, European Member of Parliament , and Senators and Deputes of the Tibet support.
- Uyghur secretary of Marxism Institute at university in China's Xinjiang detained: Reports
- Pakistan: Unidentified gunmen kill two Sikh community members in Peshawar
- Mariupol evacuations ‘a glimmer of hope’ in Ukraine war
- Nobel Peace laureate and ISIS survivor Nadia Murad meets Belgian PM, discusses struggles of Yazidi community in Iraq
- Al Jazeera journalist Shireen Abu Akleh killed in West Bank during raid by Israeli troops