Dharamshala: Protesting against the 99th founding anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), Students for Free Tibet (SFT) - India demonstrated in Dharamshala town in India's Himachal Pradesh on Thursday.
SFT Director Rinzin told ANI "Today we are here to protest against the Chinese Communist Party, specially the government itself, because 23rd of July marks the 99th anniversary of CPC."
"Usually this is a day of celebration for the Chinese but as a Tibetan this is a sad moment for us because the very foundation of CPC is based on bloodshed and dictatorship, that's why we are here to protest. We did a banner action, we unfurled 30/50 feet banner which reads 'Down with China, Tibet Independence India's security and Free Tibet now' and we are here to request the Government of India to specifically raise the issue of Tibet. We also urge the Government of India to reject One China policy," added Rinzin.
Tenzin Lobsang, SFT activist, told ANI: "We are here to unfurl banner action and we want to tell China and we are going to knock you out on 99 and we will not let you score 100. We are not going to give up till our last breath and this is the message for the whole world."
China has always claimed that Tibet is an integral part of the country.
However, Tibetan Government-in-Exile has always maintained that Tibet is an independent state which is under unlawful occupation.
Image: SFT Twitter page
- Yemen: Human right violations against journalists, coming ‘from all quarters’
- 75 years after the bomb, Hiroshima still chooses ‘reconciliation and hope’
- Six years after genocide, international community must prioritize justice for Yazidi community
- Kashmir leader slams China over treatment towards Uyghurs
- Chinese govt sponsors rape of Uyghur women through forced marriage, allege activists