Geneva: Members of the Tibetan community from Switzerland and Lichtenstein on Friday demonstrated against China in front of the complex of the United Nations here.
The protesters were seen holding Tibetan flags and banners in their hands.
Some of the banners read: "China open Tibet to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Now", "China: Stop Genocide in Tibet", reports ANI.
Tibetan community from Switzerland & Lichtenstein held an anti-China protest in front of the United Nations complex in Geneva, today. #FreeTibet #WhereIsPanchenLama #Tibet #BoycottChina @arifaajakia pic.twitter.com/a3Gn9yb9Pj— Chao Zhao (@ChaoNmh) June 19, 2020
Tibets have been protesting against Chinese occupation for several years now.
The region is currently administered by China as the Tibetan Autonomous Region.
- Sikhs live precariously in Pakistan
- Uyghur secretary of Marxism Institute at university in China's Xinjiang detained: Reports
- Pakistan: Unidentified gunmen kill two Sikh community members in Peshawar
- Mariupol evacuations ‘a glimmer of hope’ in Ukraine war
- Nobel Peace laureate and ISIS survivor Nadia Murad meets Belgian PM, discusses struggles of Yazidi community in Iraq