Geneva: Members of the Tibetan community from Switzerland and Lichtenstein on Friday demonstrated against China in front of the complex of the United Nations here.
The protesters were seen holding Tibetan flags and banners in their hands.
Some of the banners read: "China open Tibet to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Now", "China: Stop Genocide in Tibet", reports ANI.
Tibetan community from Switzerland & Lichtenstein held an anti-China protest in front of the United Nations complex in Geneva, today. #FreeTibet #WhereIsPanchenLama #Tibet #BoycottChina @arifaajakia pic.twitter.com/a3Gn9yb9Pj— Chao Zhao (@ChaoNmh) June 19, 2020
Tibets have been protesting against Chinese occupation for several years now.
The region is currently administered by China as the Tibetan Autonomous Region.
- UNRWA official says more than 600,000 people are under evacuation orders in southern Gaza
- Pakistan: 19 children arrested on blasphemy charges in Punjab
- Pakistan: 19 children arrested in Punjab on charges of blasphemy
- Afghanistan: $26 million appeal for returnees from Pakistan
- Israel-Hamas conflict: Gaza doctors 'terrified of deadly disease outbreak amid aid teams race to deliver