Islamabad: A minor Afghan girl was allegedly raped in Pakistan's Islamabad city in broad daylight.
The minor victim was shifted to a hospital where the medico-legal official confirmed the rape, reports The News International.
The Shahzad Town police have registered the case against the unidentified rapist under sections 376 and 377/B of the Pakistan Penal Code on the complaint of the father of the victim, the newspaper reported.
The suspect has not been arrested so far.
- Mediterranean ‘becoming a cemetery for children and their futures’
- Sudan: Children dying amid healthcare system collapse
- Mali: 200,000 children at risk of starvation, warn UN agencies
- Ukraine continues to face learning loss amid ongoing war against Russia and COVID-19
- UNICEF says millions of children in Pakistan still need urgent support even a year after deadly flood