Kabul: At least three people were killed as a blast hit near the Independent Election Commission (IEC) office in Pul-I-Charkhi area of Afghanistan capital Kabul city on Monday, media reports said.
A security official, who wished to go unnamed, told Pajhwok Afghan News that the incident took place near a protest gathering against the IEC around 1:30pm.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More details are awaited.
Afghanistan has witnessed several terrorism-related incidents in recent times.
- Pakistani illegal migrants use Bosnia visa fraud route to EU: The Times London Report
- ‘Timeless message of unity’ resonates on holy day celebrating Buddhism, amidst pandemic
- Gunmen storm into Sikh temple in Kabul killing four, encounter on
- India to surpass China as most populous country in the world by 2024
- Landmine explosion in Afghanistan leaves five municipality members hurt