Kabul: An explosion in Afghanistan's Faryab province on Wednesday left at least eight people injured. media reports said.
Police told Pajhwok Afghan News the blast took place inside a shop in Maimana, the provincial capital in the morning.
Police have started investigating the matter.
The injured people were rushed to a hospital.
Haji Mohammad Naeem, the shopkeeper who sustained injury in the blast, told the Afghanistan-based news agency: “A woman entered and said she wants to print birthday cards and put a bag in my shop."
“The woman told me she wound return once the cards are printed. Soon after she left, the explosion happened,” he said.
Image: UN website
- Pakistani illegal migrants use Bosnia visa fraud route to EU: The Times London Report
- ‘Timeless message of unity’ resonates on holy day celebrating Buddhism, amidst pandemic
- Gunmen storm into Sikh temple in Kabul killing four, encounter on
- India to surpass China as most populous country in the world by 2024
- Landmine explosion in Afghanistan leaves five municipality members hurt