Image credit: Pixabay
Kabul: Unknown men killed a mosque’s muezzin, who performed the prayer call and taught children, in Afghanistan's Kunduz province, media reports said on Monday.
The incident took place on Saturday, December 3, in Kunduz city’s 7th police district, the spokesperson for the Kunduz chief of police, Obaidullah Abedi told Khaama Press.
Local sources in Kunduz province told the news agency that the person killed by unidentified gunmen named Abdul Hadi, who called for adhan and was a teacher of young children in a mosque.
According to reports, one person has been arrested in connection with the incident.
The reason behind the attack is still not known.
- Pakistan: Blast close to Quetta Police Lines leaves five people injured
- Pakistan: Two terrorists killed during exchange of fire with security forces
- Pakistan: TTP terrorists attack Mianwali police station
- Pakistan: Death toll in Peshawar mosque blast touches 96
- Afghanistan: ISIS-Khorasan increases its attacks on Chinese projects