Karachi: Four counterterrorism department (CTD) personnel were injured and two suspected terrorists killed during an exchange of fire in Pakistan's Karachi city,media reports said on Saturday.
Karachi Police Media Cell issued a statement quoting Civil Lines Station House Officer Raja Tariq where it said an “encounter” between CTD personnel and “terrorists” took place in the area, in which 45-year-old Assistant Sub-Inspector Irfan, 47-year-old constable Arshad Khan, 50-year-old Constable Muhammad Amir and Constable Mola Bux, whose age was around 46-47 years old, were injured, reports Dawn News.
Meanwhile, the statement added, “two unidentified accused were killed in retaliatory action by the police”.
The injured people were rushed to Aga Khan Hospital for treatment.
The bodies were shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre.
Authorities have started an investigation into the matter.
- Hostility resumes between Israel and Hamas as temporary truce ends, explosions heard in Gaza Strip
- Pakistan: 2 terrorists killed by security forces in Balochistan
- Pakistan: Suicide attack on convoy leaves 2 civilians dead, 10 injured
- Pakistan: Soldier dies in KP IED blast
- Pakistan: IED blast leaves three people dead in Balochistan