Kabul: A blast has hit Darul Aman area of PD7 in Afghanistan capital Kabul city which left two Russian Embassy workers dead, media reports said on Monday.
Kabul security department spokesman Khalid Zadran told Tolo News in a statement that a suicide bomber was intending to explode himself among the people who were gathered in front of the Russian embassy, but he was identified by security and targeted, which caused a blast.
However, Al Jazeera news channel claimed that eight people died when a suicide bomber detonated explosives near the entrance of the Russian embassy in Kabul.
Afghanistan is currently ruled by Taliban forces.
The Taliban captured Kabul and took control over the country and government last year.
- Police official, key TTP terrorists killed during operation in Pakistan
- Soldier killed, 2 hurt in terrorist attack in Pakistan's KP
- Shamima Begum, who once went to Syria to join Islamic State, loses appeal against removal of British citizenship
- Pakistan: Blast in Dera Ismail Khan leaves three hurt
- Terrorist killed in KP during exchange of fire with security forces in Pakistan