Image: Wallpaper Flare
Paktika: Outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan's (TTP) senior commander Omar Khalid Khorasani has been killed in Afghanistan's Paktika province, media reports said on Monday.
According to the sources, along with Omar Khalid Khorasani, two more senior commanders of the banned organisation were also killed, reports Geo News.
Sources from the outlawed TTP have confirmed the death of Omar Khalid Khorasani and the other two commanders namely Hafiz Daulat and Mufti Hassan.
Sources say that the three commanders were traveling in a vehicle in the Burmal area of the Paktika province in Afghanistan when their vehicle hit a landmine.
According to the sources, the three TTP commanders were stationed in Afghanistan's Kunar province and went to Burmal "for consultations".
- 15 killed in Somalia suicide attack, radical Islamist group claims responsibility
- Afghanistan: Kabul blast leaves 9 people dead
- Afghanistan: Explosion occurs close to Wazir Mohammad Akbar Khan Mosque
- Afghanistan: Man shot dead in Shindand
- Pakistan: One dies, 13 others, including women, hurt in Quetta blast