Image: ISPR website
Islambad: A Pakistani Army soldier died during an exchange of fire with terrorists in North Waziristan, media reports said on Saturday.
According to a statement released by Inter-Services Public Relations, the deceased soldier was identified as Naik Zahid Ahmed.
One terrorist was also killed during the exchange of fire.
"During intense ex-change of fire, 1 torrorist got killed, later identified as terrorist Zia Ullah. Weapon and ammunition was also recovered from the terrorist," ISPR said.
- LeT terrorist silently sentenced in Pakistan ahead of FATF meet
- Pakistan: Blast rocks Jacobabad, one dies
- Afghanistan: Explosion rocks busy market in Nangarhar, several feared dead
- Pakistani: Security forces gun down six BLF terrorists in Balochistan
- Afghanistan: Lecturer stabbed to death by robbers in Jalalabad