Twitter video grab
Karachi: At least one person died in a blast which rocked Pakistan's Karachi city on Monday, media reports said.
The blast occurred in the Kharadar area.
Apart from a woman, who died in the blast, several others were hurt in the incident.
The injured people reportedly include three cops.
Officials said that a police vehicle was the target as three policemen — including an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) — sustained injuries when an improvised explosive device (IED), planted in a motorcycle, was detonated near the mobile, reports Geo News.
The deceased woman was travelling in a rickshaw with her child when the blast occurred, the police told the news channel, adding that all the injured had been shifted to a nearby hospital.
A fire brigade reached the spot after the blast and brought the flames under control.
- LeT terrorist silently sentenced in Pakistan ahead of FATF meet
- Pakistan: Blast rocks Jacobabad, one dies
- Afghanistan: Explosion rocks busy market in Nangarhar, several feared dead
- Pakistani: Security forces gun down six BLF terrorists in Balochistan
- Afghanistan: Lecturer stabbed to death by robbers in Jalalabad