Kabul: The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) on Friday retook control of the Karokh district in Afghanistan which was captured by Taliban, media reports said.
“A joint attack was carried out against the Taliban positions. These brave men managed to swiftly recapture this district from the Taliban,” Jailani Farhad, a spokesman to Herat governor, told Tolo News.
Sources told Tolo News Taliban captured Ghazi Abad district in Kunar province.
Afghanistan is witnessing a resurgence of violence as foreign forces are moving out of the country.
The Taliban took control of several regions in recent times.
- Pakistan: Seven Pakistani soldiers die during exchange of fire with terrorists
- Afghanistan Conflict: UN voices concern over civilian casualties in Panjshir
- Al-Shabaab terror group claim responsibility for blast in Somali capital: Reports
- Afghanistan: Video emerges where Taliban insurgents can be seen celebrating with severed head of soldier
- Pakistan: 2 soldiers die as armed men attack convoy of Frontier Corps South