Baghlan: A car bomb attack close to a military base in the northern province of Baghlan in Afghanistan during the early hours of Thursday left six security members dead and 10 others injured.
The attack took place at around 2am local time in Bagh-e-Shamal area in Pul-e-Khumri, the center of Baghlan, source told Tolo News.
“The base was also a recruitment center for the army,” the source said, adding that “some parts of the base have been destroyed in the blast.”
“After the attack, the Taliban has placed roadside mines on Baghlan-Samangan highway and also closed the road to traffic,” sources told the news portal.
The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the incident.
- Afghanistan: Blast occurs in Kandahar, five civilians dead
- Pakistan: Three die as blast occurs close to Hafiz Saeed's residence in Lahore
- Maldives struggles to bring back children of Maldivian ISIS terrorist stuck in Afghanistan
- Pakistan: Gunmen open fire on school van, 4 teachers hurt
- Pakistan: 1 soldier, 2 terrorists die during operation in North Waziristan