Nangarhar: Unknown gunmen shot dead an employee of Nangarhar’s appellate court in Afghanistan on Wednesday, media reports said.
The slain person was identified as Abdul Qayoum.
The incident occurred around 9am local time in PD4 of Jalalabad city as gunmen opened fire on two employees of the appellate court, killing Abdul Qayoum and wounding Esmatullah, according to officials as quoted by Tolo News.
The condition of the other employee is reportedly stable.
No terrorist group or any individual have claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
- US retains terrorist designation of Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Tayyiba
- Pakistan: Security forces kill 2 terrorists
- Afghanistan: US condemns killing of two female court judges in Kabul
- UN officials fear US terrorist designation will hasten famine in Yemen
- UN counter-terrorism chief urges continued vigilance against ‘real’ ongoing threat