Kabul: A roadside bomb explosion in Afghanistan's Helmand province on Saturday left Brig. Gen. Zahirgul Muqbil, an army regiment commander of Afghan border forces, killed, media reports said.
Provincial governor’s spokesman Omar Zwak told Tolo News three security force members and a local journalist were wounded in the attack.
They were going to a military operation in Marjah district when the incident occurred.
No terror group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
- Car bomb explodes close to NATO convoy in Afghanistan: Reports
- FBI suspects Florida Naval Base shooting was ‘Act of Terrorism': agent
- Canadian arrested in Turkey faces terrorism charges - RCMP
- South Sudan: UN calls for end to inter-communal clashes, attacks against aid workers
- Protests and civil unrest show ‘renewed sense of patriotism’ in Iraq, UN envoy tells Security Council