Kabul: A roadside bomb explosion in Afghanistan's Helmand province on Saturday left Brig. Gen. Zahirgul Muqbil, an army regiment commander of Afghan border forces, killed, media reports said.
Provincial governor’s spokesman Omar Zwak told Tolo News three security force members and a local journalist were wounded in the attack.
They were going to a military operation in Marjah district when the incident occurred.
No terror group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
- UN report reveals 6,500 Pak terrorists are among foreign fighters in Afghanistan. India expresses 'serious concern'
- Amid conflict over leadership, Mullah Yaqoob takes charge of Taliban
- Iraq: 2 soldiers, 2 IS militants killed in airstrike and bomb attack
- Indian agencies discover how Wagah-Attari drug network was used to fund Kashmir terrorists
- Indian agencies gather evidence about The Resistance Front's Pakistan origin