Kabul: Security forces in Afghanistan's Kabul city foiled terrorists bid to detonate two improvised explosive devices, media reports said on Sunday.
Nasrat Rahimi, a spokesman for the Ministry of Interior, was quoted as saying by Khaama Press that the security forces discovered and defused an improvised explosive device in Kart-e Naw area at around 8:40 pm on Saturday.
Rahimi told the news agency that terrorists had planted the bomb on the roadside in Kart-e Naw area of the city.
Meanwhile, the Kabul Police Headquarters said in a statement that the security forces discovered another improvised explosive device in Tara Khel Village of Deh Sabz earlier on Saturday, reported Khaama Press.
No terror group has commented on the incident so far.
- Cyclone Amphan’s trail of destruction in Bangladesh and India; UN concerned
- Pakistan continues to support Taliban to counter India, says Pentagon report
- Unknown gunmen attack mosque in Afghanistan, seven killed
- Afghanistan: IED blast triggered by suspected Taliban terrorists leave four, including children, killed
- Afghanistan: Suspected Taliban terrorists set five people on fire after shooting them