Kabul: At least 40 people were killed as a blast rocked Afghanistan's capital city Kabul on Tuesday, media report said.
The incident left 60 others hurt.
The target of the blast was a gathering that marked Eid Milad-u-Nabi (SAWS), reports said.
Interior Ministry Spokesman Najibullah Danish was quoted as saying by Pajhwok Afghan News that the blast happened at Oranous hall on 80-metre road where the gathering was taking place late on Tuesday.
Public Health Ministry Spokesman Waheed Majroh told the Afghanistan-based news agency that 40 dead and 60 injured had been evacuated to different hospitals in Kabul.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
- Police official, key TTP terrorists killed during operation in Pakistan
- Soldier killed, 2 hurt in terrorist attack in Pakistan's KP
- Shamima Begum, who once went to Syria to join Islamic State, loses appeal against removal of British citizenship
- Pakistan: Blast in Dera Ismail Khan leaves three hurt
- Terrorist killed in KP during exchange of fire with security forces in Pakistan