Damascus, Nov 27 (IBNS): At least 53 civilians have been killed in airstrikes conducted by Russia in Syria, observers said.
The incident took place in Al-Shafah village of Syria.
UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said 21 of those reportedly killed were children.
The village falls under Deir al-Zour, eastern Syria's largest city and one of the few places still under the grip of Islamic State.
Russia too confirmed the drill, however, said that only militants were targeted.
According to the monitoring group, so far 120 people have been killed in Syria, ever since the government mounted an offensive against militants, two weeks ago.
- Thailand planning to cancel Submarine deal with China: Reports
- Accelerated action needed to save 12,000 lives a day due to injury, violence
- UN Forum tackles ‘digital poverty’ facing 2.7 billion people
- Russia is using sexual violence as 'a weapon: Ukraine's First Lady Olena Zelenska
- Sri Lankan Airlines facing revival challenge as more pilots exit