India has sent 47,500 metric tons of wheat to Afghanistan over the past two years, media reports said.
Besides sending wheat, India has consistently provided medical and food assistance using land routes bordering Pakistan and the Chabahar Port in Iran, reports Khaama Press.
Sources told Khaama Press that India remained committed to providing humanitarian assistance in collaboration with the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) due to the worsening humanitarian situation and urgent appeals from UN agencies.
Since August 2021, Afghanistan has received 200 metric tons of medical assistance.
- Sri Lankan government introduces pilot project of adding AI into school
- Security Council reiterates call for immediate and safe aid delivery to Gaza amid ongoing conflict with Israel
- Shehbaz Sharif elected as Pakistan PM for second time, vows to fight country's debt crisis
- UN chief Antonio Guterres appeals for greater support for small islands fighting climate change
- Joe Biden administration orders probe into security risks of Chinese-made cars