Bangladesh Road Accident
Madaripur: At least 19 people died as a bus crashed into ditch in Madaripur region of Bangladesh, media reports said on Monday.
The mishap left 30 others injured.
The Dhaka-bound bus operated by Emad Paribahan veered out of control on the Bangabandhu Expressway at 7:45 am in Shibchar’s Kutubpur area, Madaripur Police Superintendent Md Masud Alam told bdnews24.
Bodies of 14 people have been reportedly recovered from the spot so far.
“It is believed that the bus went out of control after one of its tyres was punctured. The front to mid portions of the bus sustained severe damage after the vehicle fell into the ditch,” Shiplu Ahmed, deputy assistant director of the Fire Service and Civil Defence in Faridpur, told the news portal.
- Chinese Coast Guard patrols in waters around Taiwan-controlled Kinmen Islands: Reports
- US Air Force member hospitalised in critical condition after he sets himself on fire in front of Israeli Embassy in Washington DC
- US Senator warns of possible 'cyber attack' amid cellular outage
- UK,US, alliance member countries strike Houthi targets in Yemen
- Russian President Vladimir Putin's critic Alexei Navalny's body handed over to his family