China: Road mishaps leave 16 people dead
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 05 Feb 2023, 07:20 am Print
Beijing: At least 16 people died after five multi-vehicle rear-end collisions occurred in central China's Hunan Province, media reports said on Sunday.
The rear-end collisions, involving a total of 49 vehicles, happened at around 5 p.m. on Saturday on the Hunan section of an expressway, according to the high-way traffic police department of Hunan Province, reports Xinhua news agency.
The accidents left 66 people hurt.
Authorities have started investigations into the accidents.
The Ministry of Emergency Management has sent a working team to the site of the accidents to guide handling of the accidents, reports the news agency.
- Spate of missile launches triggers call for unity on Korean Peninsula
- Seventy people detained in Paris during protests against pension reform
- Two teachers stabbed by student in Canadian Province of Nova Scotia: Law Enforcement
- Rebooting memories of life before the nuclear devastation of Hiroshima
- Afghanistan: Chamber of Agriculture and Livestock seeks UN's support for wheat storage facilities