Wallpaper Cave/Wallpaper Flare
Washington: The United States killed a key Islamic State operative during a nighttime assault in northern Somalia, a senior administration official said.
“Last night, on orders from the president [Joe Biden], the US military conducted an assault operation in northern Somalia that resulted in the death of Bilal al-Sudani, a key operative and facilitator for ISIS’ global network, as well as a number of other ISIS operatives,” the senior administration official said on Thursday.
The operation resulted in neither US nor civilian casualties, the official said.
In addition to al-Sudani, the operation killed 10 other IS associates as well, the official said.
US forces were prepared to capture al-Sudani as part of the operation, but the assault ultimately resulted in his death, the official added.
(With UNI inputs)
- Tech major Samsung announces One UI 6.1 update with AI features to more Galaxy devices
- Google is not closing Gmail after viral message leaves users in tizzy
- Users confused as ChatGPT spouts gibberish for hours, Open AI later fixes 'bug'
- UK government sanctions heads of Arctic penal colony where Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny died
- Taiwan detects 10 Chinese military aircraft, 6 naval ships