File image by US Air Force via Wikimedia Commons
Kabul: Sebghatullah Ahmadi, a spokesman for the National Resistance Front (NRF), has claimed that 22 Taliban members had been killed in battles with the front.b
However, Taliban leaders in Panjshir have rejected the claims.
They said only three of them were wounded.
“Hostilities had grown in Dara district, but a small-scale damage had been done to Taliban troops, including the destruction of three vehicles and the injury of three members,” Abu Bakr Siddiqui, spokesman for the Taliban governor in Panjshir province, told the media, as quoted by Khaama Press.
Six Taliban were captured and seven Taliban tanks were entirely destroyed, according to the spokesperson for NRF.
While the spokesman for the NRF claims that the Taliban are under pressure in Panjshir and have suffered casualties, a Taliban spokesman for the province claims that their “operation” to clear members of the NRF in the AbdullahKhel village has forced them to flee to the mountains.
Taliban captured Afghanistan last year.
- Suspected California church gunman is Taiwanese immigrant, says official
- Taliban authorities end Afghanistan's human rights commission
- Chinese teachers at NED leave Pakistan after Karachi University suicide attack
- Kohala hydropower project in Pakistan Administered Kashmir: Chinese firm Sinosure reluctant to accord approval
- Twitter does not believe in free speech, we're Commie as F***, reveals leaked employee video