More than 20 Covid cases detected on Argentine research station in Antarctica
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 20 Jan 2022, 09:15 pm Print
Representative Picture: Wikimedia Commons
Buenos Aires/UNI/Sputnik: More than 20 cases of the coronavirus have been detected on the Esperanza Base research station of Argentina in Antarctica, media reported.
"COVID-19 has reached Esperanza Base in Antarctica where 24 cases were discovered during the study of researchers and scientists as part of the 2022 campaign," the Antarctic command said, as quoted by the Infobae news outlet.
Non-vaccinated employees of the base have been relocated to Buenos Aires and placed in isolation.
Those who were vaccinated against COVID-19 remain in the research station under the supervision of doctors.
- Regulation essential to curb AI for surveillance, disinformation: rights experts
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan to be sworn in as Turkish President on Saturday
- Russian firm says staff's iPhones hacked by malware
- Huge increase in transnational crime and synthetic drugs in SE Asia requires cross-border cooperation
- Hong Kong: Two women stabbed to death at shopping mall, suspect arrested