Representative Picture: Wikimedia Commons
Buenos Aires/UNI/Sputnik: More than 20 cases of the coronavirus have been detected on the Esperanza Base research station of Argentina in Antarctica, media reported.
"COVID-19 has reached Esperanza Base in Antarctica where 24 cases were discovered during the study of researchers and scientists as part of the 2022 campaign," the Antarctic command said, as quoted by the Infobae news outlet.
Non-vaccinated employees of the base have been relocated to Buenos Aires and placed in isolation.
Those who were vaccinated against COVID-19 remain in the research station under the supervision of doctors.
- Blast in Somalia leaves three dead
- Australia: Cricket star Andrew Symonds dies in car crash
- COVID-19: China tightens ban on 'non-essential' overseas travel
- Relief chief underlines need for urgent support as millions face drought in Horn of Africa
- Ukraine: Amid fresh Russian claims, no trace of secret bioweapons programme