Image: Wikimedia Commons
Istanbul: Turkey is planning to take control of Hamid Karzai International Airport in Afghanistan if the NATO allies provide support, said the Turkish Defense Minister.
Hulusi Akar, the Turkish Defense Minister in a meeting with its NATO allies has said that the 500 Turkish forces in Afghanistan will take the control and responsibility of the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul, if financial, logistic and political support is provided by the ally, Khaama Press reported.
Turkey made the remark at a time when foreign forces are slowly withdrawing from Afghanistan.
The withdrawal process is believed to end by Sept 11.
- Canada: Indigenous group discovers hundreds of unmarked graves at former residential school in Saskatchewan
- Two reporters killed, 21 injured as bus overturns in Iran
- Anti-virus software magnate John McAfee found dead in prison
- American pop singing sensation Britney Spears asks court to end 13-year long father's conservatorship
- Google faces anti-trust probe by European Union over allegations of unfair competition