Mexico City: At least 23 people were killed and dozens injured after a metro overpass collapsed in Mexico on Monday night, reports said.
The accident took place in Mexico City.
Reports said children were among the deceased as rescuers are searching for survivors.
A tragedy occurred, the metro on line 12 with the bridge in Mexico City fell, there are many injured and people trapped in the wagons, I hope their relatisituation.ot in that situation— Yessi ðŸ‡²ðŸ‡½ (@HamiltonYessica) May 4, 2021
#MetroCDMX #Linea12 pic.twitter.com/zxVZ05iVp6
According to a BBC report, Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum said the cause of the accident was still being investigated.
It said 65 people sustained injuries, seven of whom were critical.
- Protests singe Balochistan after gunning down of youth by Quetta Police
- Derek Chauvin, three other former cops indicted by federal grand jury in George Floyd's death
- USA: Idaho schoolgirl opens fire, injures three
- UN chief pledges to keep ‘memories alive’ of those who died in service during 2020
- UN launches key initiative to protect seafarers’ human rights amid COVID-19 crisis